« ElectricsCustomRates »
Custom work could be anything from a simple change of scratch plate to having a completely new scratch plate custom made, a change of machine heads to having a Floyd Rose installed, simple dot inlays fitting to intricate inlay work. Here are some ideas of what can be done:
- Unfortunately, for a number of reasons, I don't offer a respray or custom paint service. I am keeping any spray work to neck repairs and maple board refrets.
- Fit or remove active pickups.
- Fit factory made scratch plate or pickup rings etc.
- Fit a Fernandes Sustainer ( an amazing piece of kit! )
- Convert to a left handed instrument or vice versa.
- Convert to a fretless instrument or vice versa.
- Scallop fret board.
- Install different bridge e.g. Tele six saddle conversion.
- Install improved Tele jack socket housing - highly recommended.
- Change the fret size.
- Change nut/saddle material.
- Wiring for series, parallel, in phase, out of phase, coil split combinations.
- Custom make scratch plate or pickup rings in different material e.g. wood, metal.
- Remove/replace acoustic guitar scratch plate.
- Fit locking machine heads.
- Change machine head style from 'vintage' to 'modern' or vice versa.
- Install a Strat, Floyd Rose, Bigsby, Kahler etc type vibrato system.
- 'Block off' a vibrato system.
- Fit dot inlays, block inlays or some more intricate, personal design.
- Fit under saddle pickup on acoustic guitar, with or without integral preamp.
- Fit sound hole pickup with endpin jack socket.
- Electrical cavity shielding
An example of a bridge plug ready to be converted to alternate orientation (Left/right handed)